Subject: Compulsory Health, Population and Environment
Full Marks: 75
Time: 2:15 hrs
*Candidates are required to answer in their own words as far as practicable. Credit will be given to originality, not to rote-learning.
Group 'A' [10×1=10]
Very short answer questions
Attempt ALL the questions from this group.
- When is the world population day celebrated?
- What is dependent population?
- Define quality of life.
- Write the names of any two religious sites found in Himalayan region.
- Which aspect of ecosystem is taken as land topography and climate?
- What is the average length of Asiatic rock python?
- Write a difference between in-situ conservation and ex-situ conservation.
- When was the concept of sustainable development introduced?
- In which part of the body does the human papiloma virus causes cancer?
- What is the full form of BCG ?
Group 'B' [13×5=65]
Short answer questions
Attempt any THIRTEEN questions from this group.
- What is population density? Why is the density of central development region higher than other region? Give reason. [2+3=5]
- List the biological factors affecting birth and describe any two of them briefly. [1+4=5]
- What is total fertility rate? Find out the total fertility rate on the basis of the following table. [2+3=5]
Age Specific Fertility Rate
- Describe briefly any five elements that determine the quality of life. 
- Differentiate the socio-economic aspects between Hill and Terai region. 
- List the main conservation programmes of environment and explain any two of them in brief. [2+3=5]
- What are the causes of necessity of conservation of biodiversity? Explain any five of them. 
- List out five rare plants of Nepal with their brief description. 
- "The economic status of particular nation can be easily uplifted through industrial development." Justify. 
- Define sustainable development and describe any three of its principles. 
- Define epidemic disease and mention any four symptoms of cholera. 
- "Balanced diet can be obtained through local level and cheap foods." How? 
- How do the tobacco and drug harm the human health? List some signs which help us know to indicate that a person is in drug habit. 
- As a student of secondary level, provide any five suggestions to concerned institutions or organizations which support for solving the major health problems of Nepal. 
- Explain in short about Nepal Red Cross Society.