Model Question II
Subject: Compulsory Health, Population and Environment
Full Marks: 75
Time: 2:15 hrs
*Candidates are required to give their answer in their own words as far as practicable.
Group 'A' [10×1=10]
Very short answer questions
Attempt ALL the questions from this group.
- What is the total population of Nepal according to the census report 2068 B.S.?
- How do you calculate sex ratio?
- Which international organization prepares the report of Human Development Index (HDI)?
- In which altitude range from the sea level, is Hilly region of Nepal located?
- Write any one measure to manage the solid waste by you at local level.
- Write any two examples of in-situ conservation.
- Which part of the "Panch Aunle" has the medicinal value?
- Write down any one effect of industrial development on environment.
- Which disease is also called a 'Sugar disease'?
- List one objective of Nepal Leprosy Relief Association of Nepal.
Group 'B' [13×5=65]
Short answer questions
Attempt any THIRTEEN questions from this group.
- What is population distribution? Why is distribution of population not equal in Nepal? Clarify with appropriate causes. 1+4=5
- In the year 2068 B.S., in a certain district of Nepal the mid-year population was 1,60,000. In the same year 1800 people died. In-migrants were 2500 and out-migrants were 800. Calculate the Crude Death Rate (CDR) and Net Migration Rate (NMR). 5
- Describe in brief any five social- cultural factors that affect the fertility. 5
- "If women are empowered in the family, quality of life will be improved." Justify the statement. 5
- Compare physical aspect of Hilly and Terai regions in any five points. 5
- How does the act of conservation of forest conserve environment? 5
- Show the need of conservation of biodiversity in any five points. 5
- Write short notes on any TWO of the following. 2.5+2.5
- Yarsagumba (Cordyceps)
- One-horned Rhinoceros
- Red Panda
- Describe in brief any five importance of development work. 5
- What is sustainable development? Discuss in brief. 5
- Differentiate between: i. Carbohydrates and Proteins ii. Amoebic Dysentery and Bacillary Dysentery
- Introduce 'HIV' and 'AIDS' and write modes of transmission of HIV. 3+2
- Why do young people involve in drug abuse? Write any six measures to prevent drug abuse. 2+3
- Enlist any six major health problems of Nepal. Describe any one of them in brief. 3+2
- Write short notes on any TWO: 2.5+2.5
- Nepal Heart Foundation
- Role of Individual in Solving Health Problems