1. It has thicker and more muscular wall.
2. It has a narrow lumen.
3. It lacks valves.
4. It carries blood away from the heart.
1. It has thinner and less muscular wall.
2. It has a wider lumen.
3. It has valves to prevent back flow of blood.
4. It carries blood towards the heart
1. It carries deoxygenated blood from right auricle (atrium) to lungs for oxygenation.
1. It carries oxygenated (pure) blood from lungs to left auricle (atrium) for circulation.
- It balances the flow and amount of water in the body.
- It dissolves and transports nutrients obtained from intestine.
- It takes carbon dioxide produced in the cells to lungs for excretion.
The rate of heart beat depends upon sex, age and work. During heavy work and exercises, high fever, under stress and fear, the rate of heart beat increases. Likewise, the heart beat is rapid in children and during old age.
|Pulmonary artery||Pulmonary vein|
- Veins: - It collects the impure blood from different parts of the body through capillaries to the heart.
- Arteries: - It carries the blood from the heart to different parts of the body.
- Capillaries: - It exchanges the proteinous substances, gases, etc between the blood and the cells at different parts.