Development activities offer people several kinds of opportunities. Development is concerned with health, education, acquisition of civil rights, availability of employment, the right to dignified life, gender equality, community welfare, and decentralised administration. Therefore, there should be infrastructure for the acceleration of development. Development works are related to physical, social and economic aspects.
Types of infrastructures of development
The types infrastructures of development are : -
- Human resources : Human resource is essential to have skilled manpower to conduct development and construction activities in every sector like education, health, agriculture, communication, science and technology. Unless skilled manpower is available, developmental activities cannot be carried on efficiently.
- Physical aspect : Roads, bridges, canals, drains, sewerage, buildings, electricity, communication, etc. are physical infrastructures. The development of these aspects helps to run more development works.
- Social aspects : It is absolutely necessary to develop social aspect like other infrastructures of development. Knowledge, skills and efficiency should be used to conduct development and construction works. Working interest, participating desire and decision-making capacity are necessary for people. These qualities will make them self-dependent and will motivate them to do development works. People must be made responsible towards developmental works through such social qualities. Such efforts bring co-operation.
- Economic aspects : Development works need investment. All infrastructures for physical, economic and social development need financial investment. Facility of banking can be its example.
Importance of infrastructure of development
The importance of infrastructures of development are as follows: -
- Planned development : Infrastructures make it easy to conduct development activities in planned way. The activities can be easily extended to other sectors to meet a goal on time.
- Increase public participation : Public participationincreasesdevelopment activities. It helps to conduct the development works effectively.
- Integrated development : Different infrastructures of development such as human resources, physical, social and economic aspects are interrelated with one another. The integrated development of these aspects prepares the foundation for other development activities.
- Development of human resource : Development works increase people's efficiency.
- Advance in development : Infrastructures of development create a base for development and construction activities. The speed of development becomes high expanded to further progress.
- The balance of development : Infrastructures assist to extend the development activities to various parts of the country. So, the people of remote parts of the country can be beneficial from the development works.